Friday, February 22, 2008

This made my day....

On Wednesday morning one of my 11 year-old students came up to me and handed me a handmade, belated birthday card. On the inside she wrote:

Hello!!!
Happy birthday already you are one year more old woman!
I hope that you like this small detail, and that give you many things.
That you are very nice and I wait to be the year that comes again with you.
My group of friends calls "Lollipops".
I love you very much as friend in!

Many kisses of candy.
Signed:
Soraya

I'm not exactly sure what the Lollipops thing is about, though I'm assuming that's what her group of friends calls themselves. Nonetheless, I was incredibly touched by it. I hung it up on my wall and look at it everyday and smile.

P.S. One of my favorite classes, 3-B, sang me happy birthday really loudly, first in English, then in Spanish. Then they all patted me on the back and started chanting my name really loud. And pounding the table. Then they started doing the wave, while still yelling. It was pretty hilarious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That’s as well nice, hope it will make a Rocking place for youth and I also Hope that will come true. Best of luck!! http://germanfairytaleacademy.com