Monday, February 25, 2008

Going on a trip this weekend....

Go to fullsize imageGo to fullsize image Go to fullsize image
Hey everyone!
I hope you all had a good weekend. Mine was kinda bland.....I didn´t really do anything and it was rainy outside, so it made me want to stay inside. But now I am so sick of being inside!

The good news is that this week we have a puente! For those of you that don´t know, the Day of Andalucia is this Thursday, and it is an official holiday in the south of Spain. When a holiday falls on a Thursday, the Spanish government makes the following day a holiday as well, connecting the holiday to the weekend. So a puente (¨bridge¨ in English) is essentially a long weekend. I think this is the 3rd or 4th puente that has occurred in 5 months!
One of my coworkers, Lola, has invited me to go to her village during the puente in Extremadura. Extremadura is an autonomous community above Andalucia. The distance is about 400 km from Seville. I am very excited to see her village and the area, as Extremadura is known for its beautiful nature. We will also be stopping in the town of Cáceres, a UNESCO World Heritage site. The town is very old and has been inhabited since 25 BC. I have included some pictures of Cáceres and Extremadura so you can get an idea of what I will be visiting this upcoming weekend.
I hope to take lots of pictures, though I am waiting for a memory card to come in the mail.....and P.S. Aunt Dottie, I plan on taking Stanley so I will have some pictures for you soon.....IF i get that memory card from my Mom, that is......

Anyway I´m at school right now.....the bell is going to ring soon.
I´ll write more later!

P.S. Shoutout to my bro-in-law, Frank. Happy (belated) birthday!!!!

2 comments:

Phillip said...

Just checked out your blog again this morning. Sorry I don't seem to send cards, money, or memory sticks that you are looking for but I do send prayers.
This has been a winter like you have never known!
We love you. J&P

Anonymous said...

That’s as well nice, hope it will make a Rocking place for youth and I also Hope that will come true. Best of luck!! http://germanfairytaleacademy.com