Tuesday, April 8, 2008

It´s raining today.....again. It´s supposed to rain all this week. Its a shame, too, because this week is the Feria de Abril in Seville (the April Fair). This big celebration, which happens two weeks after Semana Santa, is a big deal to the city of Seville. It is basically an entire week of dancing sevillianas (similar to flamenco dancing), sherry, flamenco dresses and horses. The festivities take place on the Seville fairgrounds, which are located across the river from the old part of the city. The fairgrounds are covered with tents (called casetas ) and each tent is owned by a business, a family or prominent people in Seville. Inside the tents there is drinking and dancing and eating all night. Most tents are ¨invite-only¨, meaning that if you don´t know the party, you are not able to enter. There are, however, a few public tents where anyone can enter (i.e. tourists). I, thankfully, have made some contacts in the past 6 months that I´ve been here and have been invited to some private parties. Due to the horrible weather, I think I will probably go to the fair only one day (on Thursday) when all of my coworkers from Brenes go. I´ve heard that in years past it has gotten pretty crazy, and if it was anything like the Christmas party....well....its gonna be an entertaining evening!!!!

I personally am doing good. As most of you know, I am coming back next year for another year of work in Spain. I am so excited to be able to spend another year in this amazing part of the world, and I look forward to the good times to come. That being said, now that I know I will be back in September, I am getting a little antsy to come home. I can´t wait to see my long lost friends and family and have an enjoyable summer. I leave for Iowa on June 14th, and I´ll be in IC until September 26, so if you´ll be around, look me up!!!!
BUT BEFORE I COME HOME, my parents are coming to visit me!!!!!!! They are coming for a week and I cannot wait! It will be so great to show them where I have been living the past year....I know they will love Spain. Btw, it´s their first time crossing the pond!!!!!!

Ah! the bell ring I must go.

Hasta la próxima.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super-Duper blogs! I love it really!! Would come back to visit soon, again Thanks. tp://germanacademyofarts.com

Anonymous said...

Super-Duper blogs! I love it really!! Would come back to visit soon, again Thanks. tp://germanacademyofarts.com