Tuesday, April 8, 2008

5 Things that Annoy me Today

Maybe its because its raining outside, or maybe its because i'm starting to get the sniffles, but I am not in the best mood today. and there are a few things that i have been slightly annoyed with but patiently tolerated about daily life here. Today, however, I am a bit more frustrated about it. Let me share with you my gripes:

1. Due to the construction work that takes place next door (and the absence of a port-a-potty), my street smells like a toliet. all the time. its like playing hopscotch to avoid all the puddles, which may or may not be urine (or rain....whatever).

2. Speaking of construction work....do you know how tiring it is to be awoken by the sound of a drill hammering through cement less than 50 feet away from you? That sound is worse than crinkling plastic, which, as some of you may know, I REALLY hate. Oh, and by the way, I asked the workers how long they will be working on the project. Their answer? "No more than a few years."

3. Where is the man that brings us our gas for cooking and such? We ran out of gas more than a week ago, have called the company 3 times, and no one has come yet. WHERE ARE THEY? My brazilian roommate and I both agreed that this probably wouldn´t have happened in our respective countries. And if it did happen, it would warrant an apology and maybe a discount. What do you think are the chances of that happening here? Slim to none.

4. Why won't my clothes washer actually wash my clothes? Yes, I AM using detergent this time. It seems that almost no stain has come out, and many a-shirt have been ruined as a result. heck, it almost seems as if my clothes are dirtier when i take them out!

5. WHY DOESN'T ANYONE PICK UP AFTER THEIR DOG? when walking through the city, you always have to keep one eye on the ground, because the streets of seville are like dog shit landmines. at first it would make me sick at times to see so much poop, but now i just look at it only to know not to step on it and immediately change my thought to something else. It's still disgusting, though. That being said, I HAVE been able to avoid stepping in it for almost 7 months straight......knock on wood ;)



In all serious, though. Yeah, these things are really annoying. But they are a part of Spain, and hey, I LOVE Spain.

Peace.
5.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super-Duper blogs! I love it really!! Would come back to visit soon, again Thanks. tp://germanacademyofarts.com