Monday, March 31, 2008

Semana Santa Pics










These are pictures of the processions during Semana Santa (Holy Week). No, the figures are NOT Klu Klux Klan....they are called nazarenos, and they signify repentance. I was fascinated by them and took many pictures. all of the processions that i saw were very moving- if any of you get the chance to see Seville during Semana Santa- DO IT!!!
BTW: the picture that is 3rd from the bottom isn't meant to be in this entry- it is actually from Extremadura (it is a picture of my coworker on the right and her friend on the left) but i don't know how to take it out because my computer is being all weird. oh well.

2 comments:

hockeyguy25 said...

Just the sight of those hoods makes me not wanna go.

Anonymous said...

Definitely, what an outstanding website full of informative posts, I will surely bookmark this site. Absolutely free essay and research paper samples